There are so many things I could write about food, travel and all life style. So! Let's see! Cooking is one of my passion for food. I could for an hour or so block myself out and enjoy the pleasant journey within my own kitchen. And the fact that I could share the food and moment with people I cook for makes me very happy especially. Sharing the recipe with you would be something I would love to do though my only problem is that when cooking I don't really have exact measure for ingredients that all go down the pot. It is all about tasting and adjusting them along the way. But let's try it. An d absolutely you can follow this recipe or do your own version of something similar. Do share with me how you like it.
Baked Salmon with Lemon & Herbs
makes 4 servings
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium size onion, thinly sliced
4 small shallot, thinly sliced
12 cherry tomato, halved
4 pieces sun-dried tomato, sliced
4 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
4 teaspoon caper
4 rosemary springs
4 tablespoon olive oil
2 lemon, halved
4 6-8 ounces fresh boneless salmon fillets, skin on
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Sounds like a lot of ingredients but don't panic just yet. The time you need for preparing this raw ingredients probably will take only about 10-15 minutes depending on how skilled you are with the knife. The baking time itself is about 15 minutes. This could be shorter if you like your salmon medium rare or longer if you prefer them well done. So you should be able to whip this up in less than an hour. Inspired? Let's start.
- Clean salmon fillets, patted dry. Rub the fillet with crushed garlic. Season with salt and ground black pepper on both side. Rest.
- Crush, slice & chop away. Divide each ingredient equally into 4 portions
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C
- On the aluminum foil sheet, make sure the sheet is large enough so that you can make a pouch, place salmon fillet skin down,1 piece on each sheet.
- Place all other ingredients on top of salmon fillet. Thyme, shallot, garlic, sun-dried tomato, caper, cherry tomato and sliced onion then Rosemary spring
- Squeeze in lemon juice. About half a lemon for each fillet
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of all other ingredients.
- Scoop in about 1 teaspoon of butter on top. This can be optional.
- Fold up the aluminum foil sheet to make a pouch. Makes 4 pouches.
- Bake until the salmon cook through. About 12 - 15 minutes depending on your preference.
Voila! Now you have it. You can also place each pouch on a serving dish, open it up and enjoy the fish directly from the pouch as it contains all the delicious juicy sauce in there.