We altered the recipe to tone down the sweetness and this time we found the balance of tastes, slightly sweet, salty and buttery with the crunchy texture of all nuts in them. As these ones have less flour in proportion, more on nuts and that is one of my weakness, I'm on the third one now and seems to keep going. I was surprised also how easy it is to make them. My sister is kind enough to let me share her recipe with you. Let me know how you like them when you try the recipe.
Get ready for your crunchy munchy time.
|Crispy Mixed Nuts Cookies|
make 60 pieces
200 grams room temperature unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
100 grams granulated white sugar
40 grams brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cup peanut, roasted & chopped
1 cup almond, roasted & chopped
100 gram all purpose flour, sifted with 3 ingredients below
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
That are all you would need.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Add in granulated white sugar while increasing speed of the mixer. Add brown sugar. Cream the mixer until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and slowly add egg and vanilla extract. Increase speed again, mix until smooth.
- Slowly fold in flour mixer with spatula. Keep folding in until well combined. Careful not to over mix.
- Stir in all chopped nuts.
- Feel free to taste the dough a little if you like. Just to check on them. :)
|2 inch dough|
|only if you could smell them :)|
|makes approximately 5 dozens|
- When cool, enjoy munching!!
- Store the rest in airtight container.